Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

It's just another date Nee - Chillax


Long time - I have not visited my blog. It feels so nice to go through ones own posts at times and read them - there is certainly new learning each time one goes through them. I have noticed that I revert to writing when my bucket of emotions is full, when I have no one to express to, no one to blame, nothing to expect, nothing to do! Sigh!

I don't know how to start, I don't know whom or what to complain but there has been a thought which has been lingering in my head for quite some time. They say, "What goes comes around". Meaning - whatever you do in this life to other people, whether it is good or bad, the same will return to you. Maybe not in the exact way, but trust me, payback is a must. I was not an adherent fan of remembering dates. I always felt they were just numbers to which people associate their feelings. It looked insane to me how my friends remembered birthday dates, anniversary dates - I was always of the opinion that they were just a means to party, a pretext to drink, smoke and enjoy. But today I am certainly proven wrong.

7th March - couple of  years age, on this date, I met this friend of mine whose friendship I will always adore .The friendship has grown over years into a strong bond and I hope it grows in the coming years as well. I remember - lot of conversations which we used to have over a cup of coffee, the happy moments which we shared together (though there are very few), the long rides and the silly fights (these are the recent additions). When I got up this morning and looked at my phone - I saw two late night missed calls and a "Whatsapp" message and it gave me a sense of belongingness. I was happy that somehow may be this friend of mine remembers this date and we would talk about it . We spoke multiple times since morning but no mention of the date. Understood now - how important it is to remember some dates to make people feel special. I am going to at least try remembering the dates from now because I do get it how it feels when people forget to wish you on certain special days of yours.

Life teaches you all the time, every moment - I know this and I also realized that "Dates" are really not just numbers...it means much much more at times!

No comments: